The NHL Season starts October 12th, 2021 and Finnish player Aleksander Barkov will continue his career with Florida Panthers. He has signed a contract of $80 millions for 8 years. We will be seeing this Finnish player at least until the end of season 2029-2030.
- Aleksander Barkov: 6’3”, 215 lb, age 26, Team: Florida Panthers
- Barkov started his Panther career in 2013
- He has been the team captain since 2018
- He has only played with Florida Panthers during his NHL career
- He is a dual citizen of Finland and Russia
- While in Florida, he resides in Boca Raton
- While in Finland, he resides in Tampere, where he also grew up
- Barkov’s player number is 16
- His father, Aleksander Barkov Senior is also a hockey player and he played 10 seasons with Tappara, Tampere Finland
Florida Panthers has few other Finnish players in their roster for this season:
#20 Aleksi Heponiemi, from Tampere
#15 Anton Lundell, from Espoo
#27 Eetu Luostarinen, from Siilinjärvi
#83 Juho Lammikko, from Noormarkku
#48 Olli Juolevi, from Helsinki
#65 Markus Nutivaara, from Oulu
NHL season starts October 12th, 2021, and ends April 29th 2022. NHL will be on an Olympic break between April 5th until April 22nd, 2022. Barkov will be seen in the Beijing Olympics, playing in Finland’s national team.
The first official game of the season (not counting the pre season games) for Florida Panthers will be a home match against Pittsburgh Penguins on 10/14/2021. Season has just begun but Barkov has a goal to lead his team to the win of Stanley Cup this year. Purchase your tickets now.
Read more about Aleksander Barkov’s career highlights here. Remember to get your official Barkov fan merchandise too and be ready for the Panther’s season!